Sunday, November 9, 2008

Music Brings Joy...

Friends,

After our show the other night, we were asked to stick around to meet an audience member from that evening's show. We got dressed and went to meet this incredible women. She was born with sight but somehow down the line she lost her vision, and is now blind and has other physical issues. However, she remembers image's from Disney movies from her childhood. She's now studying at a University here in Japan and Disney music is her favorite. Also, her English was spot on! I can barley get by in this country by being able to say hello and thank you! Impressive to say the least. It was such an honor to meet such a sweet, SMART, precious human who appreciates the gift and joy of music more than I'll ever be able to understand. The joy she showed just by meeting us made the tour for me. She loves ALL Disney movies and "doesn't have a favorite movie, I love them all!" It was a precious moment shared by all parties and I'll never forget her.

~Danny

2 comments:

Hussy said...

Hey Danny, I have enjoyed your tour of Japan vicariously through your blog. I was touched by your meeting with the blind woman and happy that you found your purpose of this tour through her. A simple thing that we take for granted. I am proud that you were a part of what she holds dear and embraces within her memories. Keep blogging, it makes my week. Love, Aunt Dawn

mom said...

Meeting people that has touched you is so cool, You will throughout your life meet people that do this, You take a part of that with you and you never forget it, I have meet a few and i will never forget what they have taught me, It has made me a better person, I love you and i again am so proud of my boo!!! MOM XOXO